Sunday, February 14, 2010

Machu Picchu is getting a rest it deserves


I know it is so sad and disappointing to those of you who had scheduled to travel to Peru and visit Machu Picchu during this time when it has been closed.  I hope many have been able to postpone and come visit us later this year.  I can only speak for my travelers but know that there are so many who I am not in control of and send my well wishes out. 

On the other hand, I am happy for our ancient wonder.  The last few times I visited (and I am so lucky to have continually been able to), I felt as if I could feel the place straining under the pressure of the thousands of visitors walking all over it.  Not that I am against it.  Obviosly not.  Just sharing my late night thougts when I have the time to reflect upon my magical Peru and what I love so much about it.

As I have mentioned before, this is a resilent place with amzing people and they will not stay down for long.  Machu Picchu and all of Peru will be waiting to receive you with open arms and embrace you in a way that is unique in all the world.  So all in all,  rest well Machu Picchu, we will walk in your wonders very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment